JD Kim Ministries Seminar
6399 S Santa Fe Dr
Littleton, CO 80120
Join us a half-day mini-conference co-sponsored by Denver Seminary’s Asian Initiative and the International Section Community of Cherry Hills Community Church. The conference will include three sessions and Q&A discussions and will be held in Denver Seminary chapel. This conference is designed for all audiences regardless of one’s age, disability/ability, culture, gender, and role in church, so it would be a great opportunity to increase the awareness of God’s extraordinary invitation and His special callings for all believers and to bridge the gap between people and families with disabilities and others who do not have disabilities. Everyone is welcome, and this conference is our gift to you. Light refreshments will be served.
Programs of the Conference:
• Special video greeting from Joni Eareckson Tada
• The conference message: “God’s Extraordinary Invitation,” J.D. Kim
• Session 1: “Defining Disabilities,” Maurine Sweeney
• Session 2: “Impact of Disabilities on Family Members,” Jennifer Johnson, Teresa Flowers, and Scott Skomal
• Session 3: “The Church’s Response to People and Families with Disabilities,” Beth Lang
About our Presenters:
• Rev. J.D. Kim is the founder of J.D. Kim Ministries and ordained minister from the EPC.
• Jennifer Johnson is a coordinator of the special needs ministry of Summit Church and the mother of a son with autism.
• Teresa Flowers is a member of Uphold, the special needs ministry of Cherry Hills Community Church and the mother of a daughter with Down syndrome.
• Scott Skomal is a member of Uphold and the father of a son with cerebral palsy.
• Dr. Maurine Sweeney worked for thirty-four years as an Internal Medicine physician at the Denver Veterans Administration Medical Center. She is recently retired.
• Beth Lang is the Ministry Coordinator of Chosen, the special needs ministry of Colorado Community Church, and the mother of a son with Down syndrome.